When planning a raffle the prizes that will be offered are one of the most important considerations. When people are asked if they would like to buy a raffle ticket they will want to know what the prize is. It should be something that they would like to win. Prizes should appeal to a broad audience not just a select few people. Offer the best raffle prizes and your raffle has a better chance of being successful.
Here are some prizes that attract many people’s attention:
1. Cars – Sports cars, Luxury cars, SUV’s in this years model are some of the best raffle prizes, as far as being attractive to the ticket buyer. However, you may or may not be able to get one donated. If not, consider other types of prizes, since your profit will be higher if all items are donated.
2. Travel – Round trip airfare, a package vacation, cruise, hotel stays, even airline miles all make great prizes. Most people love to travel and the biggest obstacle is usually cost. Now if they win this raffle, they’ll just have to take some vacation time and go.
3. Electronic Equipment & Gadgets- Flat screen TVs, DVDs, stereos, MP3 players and other gadgets are other good prizes.
4. Special interest items – Offering prizes that are of special interest to your audience will likely get some excited ticket buyers. For example, if you are hosting a golf tournament a round of golf with cart or a set of clubs would make good prizes.
5. Gift certificates and gift baskets – Gift certificates or gift cards are some of the best prizes to give away as secondary or runner-up prizes. They can also be some of the easiest to get donated to your group. Just be sure to have a nice grand prize in addition to these.